If you are following a healthy diet plan but you are having craving for something sweet then don’t visit each and every homepage of food recipes. Just scroll down and found an easy-to-make recipe that can delight you the most!
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour (gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 125 grams of dairy free spread
- 1 tablespoon of low FODMAP milk
- 1 egg (large)
- 150 grams of rhubarb (fresh)
- 100 grams of mandarin
- 50 grams of raisins
- 50 grams of cranberries
- 35 grams ginger (crystalised)
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of all spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (for fruit mince)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup of chopped and toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon of FODMAP milk (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease the tart tin.
- Mix flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add dair free spread or butter in it and mix the whole mixture in food processor.
- Beat eggs in another bowl. Add them in the flour mixture with FODMAP milk and knead dough until it becomes smooth. Press the dough to make it flat. Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and freeze it for 30 minutes or half an hour.
- Chop rhubarb in another bowl. Place them in roasting tray. Pour water and sprinkle brown sugar over them. Roast them for 10 minutes to make fruit mince.
- Put saucepan on medium flame. Add chopped mandarin, crystallized ginger, raisins, brown sugar, spices, cranberries and water in the pan. Let them boil and simmer. Add rhubarb too when they are cooked. Let it simmer for 10 minutes more to make it like a thick paste. You can add more brown sugar and spices for taste. Mix pumpkin seeds as well.
- Take out dough and cut round shapes of it. Put the round shapes at the bases of cookie tray. The sheet or dough should be 2 to 3 mm thick. Arrange in the compartment according to its shape.
- Fill the dough or compartment with spoonful fruit mince that you have prepared in saucepan by adding all fruits and spices. Place another piece of dough over the fruit mince. It can be star shape or it can be strips of dough.
- Make a mixture of egg and milk in a bowl and brush that mixture on each pastry.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until they get golden brown.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on it.
- Your pastries are ready to serve.
Visit right here for further details.